(no subject)
Memory:25/ "You're the worst bully ever, Peaches."
Type: SigNeg
What it is: Lots of tissues needed, tbh. SPOILERS FOR RILEYTOWN. but none of you watch it
the best clip i have for now, tbh


This memory starts once more in a familiar window. There's a hollow feeling resting in your chest as you stare blankly ahead, not quite focusing on anything. It's different than usual and, different still, from the time Maya had come through the window some weeks before. Nothing feels right.
But, of course, once more, Maya comes through the window. You attempt a weak, almost teary-eyed smile even now.
"We have something to talk about," Maya demands.
"I don't like it when we fight," you say, smile still in place no matter how strained.
"I'm going to be your friend for the rest of your life," Maya continues, not missing a beat, "we're going to have some conflicts along the way."
"What do we do?"
"We will work them out," Maya says, just as firmly, "we will always work them out because we're friends. And if things get rough maybe we'll throw some ice cream at each other. But we'll still be friends. Because... that's what reasonable people do."
"So we have no conflict anymore?"
"No," she agrees, "now we have a new one." Your heart drops just as easily as she continues: "Why wouldn't you come to me? How couldn't you come to me if someone is bullying you?"
Your smile thins out and the tears really do try to escape as you try to bit it back, to stay strong, but you can't. "I'm humiliate, Maya," you manage, the crack in your voice, "I didn't want to let you see me humiliated."
"You thought it would just go away?"
You nod, trying to keep smiling, but let out a small sigh, "It's getting worse."
Maya bites her lip, uncertain a moment before continuing, "you know what the difference is with a conflict with a bully and a conflict with a friend?"
"What?" You ask, somewhat desperately. It's in that instant that Maya moves forward and wraps her arms around you. "...You're the worst bully ever, Peaches," you try quietly as Maya gives a light scoff.
"I know," she says, releasing you, "Peaches the Bully... just doesn't strike fear into the hearts of anybody."
"I called you a bully," you start, "and I threw ice cream on you. I'm really sorry."
"It's okay."
"Will you get back at me for the ice cream?"
"Oh, yeah, and you're never gonna see it coming."
"Couldn't you tell me just before so I'll be prepared?"
"No, honey, that would hurt my enjoyment."
The amusement dies and you swallow roughly. "I'm sorry I took everything out on you," you finally say, the smile no longer attempted at.
"It's okay. You had to take it out on someone," she responds, "I'm glad you felt safe enough to take it out on me... And I'm sorry I didn't hear what you were trying to say earlier."
The smile's back, but the tears still swarm in your eyes. It still hurts so much, but you don't want to show that. "Well," you start, "I will never go at you again."
"No, it's okay," Maya goes on, "I can take it. Let it all out."
"I'm better now," you interject quickly, forcing it to be true. You have to be better. You can't be silly or goofy or Riley anymore. You can't. So you have to let it go and be better.
"No, yeah, I'm sure you are," Maya says in disbelief as your face tightens-- you know easily she doesn't believe you-- and so she prods with just one word, "Rileytown."
"Stop saying that," you break, "people shouldn't make fun of other people. What did I ever do to you?"
Maya stares at you thunderstruck and your face tightens once more. It's an unfamiliar feeling: anger. And it bores into you with the self-hatred and depression that's been eating at you. Because this isn't right and what did you do to them? You can't look at Maya, so you get up, hands tightened as you take a few steps away from her and the window seat that remains so sacred.
"You exist," you recite the words bore into your mind, "You exist and you're weird and you get in the way of where I'm looking.SO STOP BEING WEIRD. And stop being happy. Nobody should be as happy as you. Stop being who you are or I'm going to put my foot in your weird, stupid face."
You're crying by this point, but you don't let yourself cry as much as you want to. It's only until you hear Maya give a simple "Okay" from behind you that you let out the sob you were holding in and move to cluch your hands together.
"I'm fine," you squeak out trying to push them back."
"I'm not," Maya disagrees, "How long?"
"...A few weeks," you admit and Maya doesn't hesitate to stand up and wrap her arms around you while you curl into the embrace, "...this has been going on for a few weeks."
"Riles, I got you," she whispers before the two of you move to take a seat at your window.
"I've been trying to deal with here, Maya, she's not a reasonable person," you say between your tears, "how do I handle this? I don't know how to handle this."
"You're not alone," Maya says easily.
"But I thought I was supposed to learn how to resolve a conflict."
"You have a bully."
"And I have a conflict."
"You're incredibly screwy."
"And I'm screwy, and I'm a bully, and I have a conflict?" You squeak all at once trying to combine the ideas in your head, but you try to smile weakly at the end, "what a rough day in Rileytown."
The smile's back in spite of the tears, but Maya too-- in spite of her own tears-- smiles and nods. "Okay," she starts, "so now we know two things." She braces herself before continuing on, "First, you're going to keep being exactly who you are."
"What else?" You gasp out hopefully.
Maya pulls back some, before seriously, "I don't think Lucas will."
...So the two of you begin to plot out barricading the bay window.
Type: SigNeg
What it is: Lots of tissues needed, tbh. SPOILERS FOR RILEYTOWN. but none of you watch it
the best clip i have for now, tbh


This memory starts once more in a familiar window. There's a hollow feeling resting in your chest as you stare blankly ahead, not quite focusing on anything. It's different than usual and, different still, from the time Maya had come through the window some weeks before. Nothing feels right.
But, of course, once more, Maya comes through the window. You attempt a weak, almost teary-eyed smile even now.
"We have something to talk about," Maya demands.
"I don't like it when we fight," you say, smile still in place no matter how strained.
"I'm going to be your friend for the rest of your life," Maya continues, not missing a beat, "we're going to have some conflicts along the way."
"What do we do?"
"We will work them out," Maya says, just as firmly, "we will always work them out because we're friends. And if things get rough maybe we'll throw some ice cream at each other. But we'll still be friends. Because... that's what reasonable people do."
"So we have no conflict anymore?"
"No," she agrees, "now we have a new one." Your heart drops just as easily as she continues: "Why wouldn't you come to me? How couldn't you come to me if someone is bullying you?"
Your smile thins out and the tears really do try to escape as you try to bit it back, to stay strong, but you can't. "I'm humiliate, Maya," you manage, the crack in your voice, "I didn't want to let you see me humiliated."
"You thought it would just go away?"
You nod, trying to keep smiling, but let out a small sigh, "It's getting worse."
Maya bites her lip, uncertain a moment before continuing, "you know what the difference is with a conflict with a bully and a conflict with a friend?"
"What?" You ask, somewhat desperately. It's in that instant that Maya moves forward and wraps her arms around you. "...You're the worst bully ever, Peaches," you try quietly as Maya gives a light scoff.
"I know," she says, releasing you, "Peaches the Bully... just doesn't strike fear into the hearts of anybody."
"I called you a bully," you start, "and I threw ice cream on you. I'm really sorry."
"It's okay."
"Will you get back at me for the ice cream?"
"Oh, yeah, and you're never gonna see it coming."
"Couldn't you tell me just before so I'll be prepared?"
"No, honey, that would hurt my enjoyment."
The amusement dies and you swallow roughly. "I'm sorry I took everything out on you," you finally say, the smile no longer attempted at.
"It's okay. You had to take it out on someone," she responds, "I'm glad you felt safe enough to take it out on me... And I'm sorry I didn't hear what you were trying to say earlier."
The smile's back, but the tears still swarm in your eyes. It still hurts so much, but you don't want to show that. "Well," you start, "I will never go at you again."
"No, it's okay," Maya goes on, "I can take it. Let it all out."
"I'm better now," you interject quickly, forcing it to be true. You have to be better. You can't be silly or goofy or Riley anymore. You can't. So you have to let it go and be better.
"No, yeah, I'm sure you are," Maya says in disbelief as your face tightens-- you know easily she doesn't believe you-- and so she prods with just one word, "Rileytown."
"Stop saying that," you break, "people shouldn't make fun of other people. What did I ever do to you?"
Maya stares at you thunderstruck and your face tightens once more. It's an unfamiliar feeling: anger. And it bores into you with the self-hatred and depression that's been eating at you. Because this isn't right and what did you do to them? You can't look at Maya, so you get up, hands tightened as you take a few steps away from her and the window seat that remains so sacred.
"You exist," you recite the words bore into your mind, "You exist and you're weird and you get in the way of where I'm looking.SO STOP BEING WEIRD. And stop being happy. Nobody should be as happy as you. Stop being who you are or I'm going to put my foot in your weird, stupid face."
You're crying by this point, but you don't let yourself cry as much as you want to. It's only until you hear Maya give a simple "Okay" from behind you that you let out the sob you were holding in and move to cluch your hands together.
"I'm fine," you squeak out trying to push them back."
"I'm not," Maya disagrees, "How long?"
"...A few weeks," you admit and Maya doesn't hesitate to stand up and wrap her arms around you while you curl into the embrace, "...this has been going on for a few weeks."
"Riles, I got you," she whispers before the two of you move to take a seat at your window.
"I've been trying to deal with here, Maya, she's not a reasonable person," you say between your tears, "how do I handle this? I don't know how to handle this."
"You're not alone," Maya says easily.
"But I thought I was supposed to learn how to resolve a conflict."
"You have a bully."
"And I have a conflict."
"You're incredibly screwy."
"And I'm screwy, and I'm a bully, and I have a conflict?" You squeak all at once trying to combine the ideas in your head, but you try to smile weakly at the end, "what a rough day in Rileytown."
The smile's back in spite of the tears, but Maya too-- in spite of her own tears-- smiles and nods. "Okay," she starts, "so now we know two things." She braces herself before continuing on, "First, you're going to keep being exactly who you are."
"What else?" You gasp out hopefully.
Maya pulls back some, before seriously, "I don't think Lucas will."
...So the two of you begin to plot out barricading the bay window.
